Adventures at Sea
Contact us by phone @ 850-235-0009 or send in your resume to email@example.com
Guest Services & Tour Reservations Agent:
Do you enjoy guest services, assisting people planning their vacations? We are looking for someone who has a passion for excellent customer service & desire to share, for what is for many, a visit of a lifetime, to Adventures at Sea in Panama City Beach, Florida. As our weekend Guest Services & Tour Reservations Agent, you will coordinate administrative and reservations office services such as booking reservations, coordinating general business activities, and appointment-setting and other administrative activities for a Martha’s Vineyard tour company. Fun, business-casual work environment
Job Type: Part-time/Full-Time/Seasonal
Work Location: Adventures at Sea Marina, 5709 North Lagoon Drive Panama City Beach, Florida
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering phone incoming sales calls and booking tour and transportation reservations.
- Responding to emails for booking tours and transportation reservations.
- Posting to Social Media
- Coordinates and implements general office services such as appointment-setting,, and other administrative activities.
- Assisting customers with selecting their best tour options
- Coordinating reservations with manager and tour guide drivers.
- Interprets and communicates operating policies
- Assists with special events planning
- Participating in all-new associate training
- Operates computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software
- Uses various software applications such as booking software.
- Working Weekends and holidays is a must!
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Customer Service or hospitality experience
- Good knowledge of the Shell Island, Panama City Beach and surrounding area.
- Good computer and app use skills are a must!
- Effective Phone, Computer, Reservations and Communications Skills, as well as email, text & chat as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, and working knowledge of computers and information systems
- Organizational skills
- Has and is proficient with smartphones
- High School Diploma or GED (Two years college or equivalent work experience preferred) But not necessary will train the right candidates.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Marketing and Social Media Experts (will need some experience in Photo shop, WordPress, Web development) can train right candidates
- Check Out and Check in rental boats, requires fueling & refueling boats, inspecting boats and cleaning boats for customer use.
- Job also includes Boat washing & cleaning of new inventory boats. Must be comfortable working around the water.
- Other duties will include cleaning around Marina store and some yard maintenance. Must be very detailed oriented. Must be able to handle extreme weather conditions.
- Provide safety and general information in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records, and assist customers with rental form agreements.
- Monitor dock area, distribute life jackets and ensure proper usage, clean interior and exterior of boats, follow established closing procedures.
- Monitor activities, keep a clean and orderly appearance and keep Boat Rental Manager informed of inventory needed.
Boat Captains – Jet ski tour guides:
- Provide friendly, timely and safe transportation to all guests patronizing Dolphin Boat Tour operation, following a pre-approved route.
- Memorize and deliver a pre-approved narration of the tour in a lively and informative manner.
- Provide identification and other information about wildlife species encountered on the tour.
- Answer guest questions.
- Conduct a daily safety inspection of the vessel, following a checklist, prior to first tour load.
- Operate the vessel in a safe manner following all Adventures At Sea and Coast Guard rules and regulations.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the area and current events in order to expedite guest inquiries.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess, a US Coast Guard Captain License (6-pack) is all that’s required. Would consider training a qualified applicant who meets requirements for time on the water.
- Strong speaking voice and confidence speaking to a group.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- First aid certification may be required.
- Must be able to move, stand, stoop and bend for an entire 8 to 10 hour shift. Tasks require consistent use of both arms and legs.
- Must be willing to tolerate working outdoors year around for an entire shift.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
- Must be able to visually inspect condition of vessels, water and equipment.
Job Type: Full Time – Part-time